We’re happy to answer journalists’ questions on marketing and sales for the accounting industry. You can reach us U.S. Pacific time daylight hours at 972-985-9129 or by email anytime.
Archive of Selected Press Clippings
- Five Trends for the Modern Accountant in 2017 by Sandi Smith Leyva, Main Street Practitioner.
- Ten Tips for a Better Busy Season by Sandi Smith Leyva, The Progressive Accountant
- Digital Marketing Spotlight: How to Generate a Stream of Online Leads, Part 1 by Sandi Smith Leyva, Intuit QuickBooks Firm of the Future website
- 6 Tips For Email Marketing for Accounting Firms by Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA Practice Advisor
- Dissecting the Reasons Customers Don’t Pay by Sandi Smith Leyva, Invoice Care
- How to Add Graphics to Your Social Media Text Posts by Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA Practice Advisor
- The Big Eight Social Media Apps for Accounting Firms by Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA Practice Advisor
- Is Your CPA Firm Partnership Model Broken? by Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA Practice Advisor
- New Book Collaboration with Accounting Industry Thought Leaders Now Published
- Leveraging Personal Social Platforms in Your Firm by Sandi Smith Leyva, Intuit QuickBooks Firm of the Future website
- Accelerator Websites Launches New Line of Videos and First Website Packages with Video in the Accounting Industry
- Sage Thought Leader Podcast
- Accountants can help your business reach goals (and not go bankrupt) – interview with Ed Kless
- Accountant’s Accelerator® Starts Its Sixth Year
- JumpStart Course Teaches Accountants How to Market
- Using Social Media to Build Your Practice by Sandi Smith Leyva, Intuit QuickBooks Firm of the Future website
- What Clients Look for When They Switch Accounting Firms by Sandi Smith Leyva, Intuit Accountants News Central
- Accounting Thought Leaders Look at Issues Facing Professionals
- Intuit Launches Multi-City QuickBooks Tour
- Women CPAs Host Virtual Accounting Conference Focused on Technology and Practice Management
- The Unloved, Often-Misunderstood Balance Sheet: The Basics by Sandi Smith Leyva, Intuit QuickBooks
- Five Ways to Speed Up Your Cash Flow by Sandi Smith Leyva, Intuit QuickBooks
- Assets vs. Expenses: Learning the Difference Can Make You Rich by Sandi Smith Leyva, Intuit QuickBooks
- 5 Ways to Attract Higher-Quality Clients by Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA Trendlines
- Show Me the Margins by Sandi Smith Leyva, NSA Main Street Practitioner
- Care.com® HomePay and Accountant’s Accelerator® Team Up to Turn Nanny Tax Issues into Consulting Opportunities by Sandi Smith Leyva
- How to Overcome Price Resistance This Tax Season By Sandi Smith Leyva, NSA Main Street Practitioner
- Cloud Package Pricing Brings Confidence and More Sales to Accountants by Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA Practice Advisor, February 19, 2014
- Accounting Leaders Gather in Tampa by Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA Practice Advisor
- How to say “no” to an accounting client this busy season by Sandi Smith Leyva, Sageworks Blog
- The Underpricing Conundrum By Alexandra DeFelice, Accounting Web, Nov 23, 2013
- Getting the Most Out of Solutions13 by Sandi Smith Leyva, The Sleeter Group QuickBooks and Beyond, October 31, 2013
- Sandi Smith Leyva named finalist in 10th annual Stevie® Awards for
Women in Business
- Website Technology Basics by Sandi Smith Leyva, The Sleeter Group QuickBooks and Beyond, October 3, 2013
- Sandi Smith Leyva” Named A Community Choice Honoree
- Accountant’s Accelerator Starts Fourth Year
- Need More Clients? Don’t Lose Perfectly Good Leads! by Sandi Smith Leyva, The Sleeter Group QuickBooks and Beyond, August 15, 2013
- Announce Your New Software Certifications by Sandi Smith Leyva, The Sleeter Group QuickBooks and Beyond, June 25, 2013
- How Much Do You Charge? by Sandi Smith Leyva, The Sleeter Group QuickBooks and Beyond, June 25, 2013
- Multiply Your Networking Results with a Great “Elevator Speech” by Sandi Smith Leyva, The Sleeter Group QuickBooks and Beyond, June 11, 2013
- Innovative Company Brings New Coaching Model to the Accounting Profession and Better Small Business Expertise to Thousands of Small Business Owners, The Mercury News Silicon Valley, March 19, 2012
- Innovative Company Brings New Coaching Model to the Accounting Profession and Better Small Business Expertise to Thousands of Small Business Owners, San Francisco Chronicle, March 19, 2012
- Five Fun and Easy Ways to Wow Your Clients, CPA Trendlines, March 17, 2012
- “Six Ways to Give Yourself a Raise,” by Sandi Smith Leyva, CPA Trendlines, February 29, 2012
- “Women in Consulting Names 2012 Board of Directors,” Marketwire, February 28, 2012
- “Twelve Steps to Recovery for Accountants in Denial About Marketing (Especially During Tax Season),” by Sandi Smith Leyva, Right Networks Newsletter, February 2012
- “Five Easy Ideas for a Quick Business Boost,” by Sandi Smith, CPA Trendlines, August 20, 2011
- Guest on Radio Free QuickBooks, February 2, 2011
- “Four New Mega-Trend Marketing Strategies,” by Sandi Smith, CPA Trendlines, January 30, 2011
- “Four Ways to Stop Leaving Money on the Table,” by Sandi Smith, CPA Trendlines, January 11, 2011
- Sandi’s nonprofit organization, the American Happiness Association (AHA) is featured on the Fran Descher Tawk Show, December, 2010
- AHA is featured on PBS’s Healing Quest TV show, November 29, 2010
- AHA is mentioned on CBS News shortly after Global Happiness Day, October 10, 2010
- “A Pre-Program Questionnaire Makeover,” by Jolene Jang, Speaker, January/February 2007
- Podcast, Webmasters and Business Processes, Small Business Technology Newsletter by James Gaskin, Network World, October, 2006
- Ideas in Motion – Sandi Smith, CPA – Educator, Designer, Aviator, by Scott Cytron, The Insider, Accounting Software411.com, August 2006
- “Make your firm’s website work for your firm,” CPA Computer Report, June 2006
- “On Site and on Target,” by Susan Baker, Professional Speaker, June 2006, page 31
- The Ron Muhammed Show, WLTH Radio, Gary Indiana, May 31, 2006
- The Dan Valenti Show, WBRK Radio, Pittsfield, MA, March 9, 2006
- “reads to kick off your year,” travelgirl, January/February 2006
- KAAA Radio, Bullhead City, Arizona, January 4, 2006
- Rick Crandall’s Breakfast Club, KEZW Studio
1430 Radio, Denver, Colorado, January 3, 2006
- “Winter Reading Recommendations,” Books by Tom Elliott, Mensa Bulletin, December 2005
- Around the World Radio show, syndicated, Santa Barbara, CA, December 15, 2005
- Backstage Live with Joe Scheibinger, News-Talk 1450 KFIZ
Radio, Fond du Lac, WI, December 15, 2005
- WRJM Radio Talk Show, Ozark, Alabama, December 13, 2005
- WIMA Radio Show, Lima, Ohio, December 2, 2005
- Inside Track Club, Jane Atkinson, October 2005
- Good News!, Lorri Allen, October 2005
- “Technology and the 21st Century CPA,” AICPA Journal of Accountancy,
- “Web Site Workover,” by James Gaskin, Network World, January 17, 2005
- “Hi-Tech Tops Must-Have Wish Lists,” AICPA CPA Insider, December 6, 2004.
Speaking,” The Meeting Professional, June 2004, page 8.
- “Chapter News,” The Meeting Professional, May 2004, page
- “Web Design Entrepreneur Has a Varied Background,” by Patricia Rivera,
Dallas Morning News, July 6, 2003.
- “Measuring the Effectiveness of a Web Site,” by Scott H. Cytron, ABC,
CPA Software News, August 2001, page 57.
- “Top Ten Technologies Provide a Wake-Up Call for the Profession,”
by Scott H. Cytron, ABC, CPA Software News, April/May 2001,
- “Technology 2001: A Cyberspace Odyssey,” by Scott H. Cytron, ABC,
AICPA InfoTech Update, January/February 2001.
- AICPA Annual List of Top Technologies, AccountingWeb, September 2000.
- “Innovative Approaches to Continuing Professional Education,” Pro2Net’s
HotTalk, December, 1999.
- “The Virtual Office: Virtually Everywhere,” by Antoinette Alexander,
Accounting Technology, August 1999, page 50.
- “AICPA Top 10 list for 1999 focuses on technology issues,” by Chaim
Yudkowsky, Cyber Sense column, Business Sense, Louisville,
Kentucky, March 8, 1999.
- “How Secure Is your Computer System?” by Michael G. Stevens, The
Practical Accountant, January 1998.
- “The Remote Balance,” by Jim DiSimone, Today’s CPA, April
- “The pros and cons of value-added resellers,” by John Covaleski,
Accounting Today, July 7-27, 1997.
- “1996 AWSCPA Achievement Awards,” AWSCPA National News, American
Woman’s Society of CPAs, August, 1996.
- “How to squeeze more out of your department’s computer systems,” CFO
& Controller Alert, May 14, 1996.
- “CPAs who consult on Technology to CPAs,” CPA Computer Report,
- “AOPA Members in the News,” AOPA Pilot, December 1995.
- “Mission Possible,” by Colleen Stead, The Irving News, Irving, Texas, October 8, 1995.
- “Volunteer Eye Surgeon in Nepal,” The Kathmandu Post, August 25, 1995.
- “Baird Community Spirit Award,” Dallas Business Journal,
Legal Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to accurately represent our program and its potential. The testimonials and examples used are not intended to guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. These results are not an average. Each individual’s success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire and motivation. As with any business endeavor, there is an inherent risk of loss of capital and there is no guarantee that you will earn any money.